Monday, November 22, 2010

Colour in this cold November day...

 Designer: Lulu Guiness

 Lulu Guiness

Massucco Warner Miller wallpaper





 (photo courtery: Chic Coles)

(Photo Courtesy:  Anh-Min blog)

Lulu Guiness


Designer: Kara Mann


(Photo Courtesy:  Anh-Min blog)


 Chinoiserie Chair


Designer: Nate Berkus

I'm looking outside this monday morning, and I cant help thinking that I live in a black and white movie and its about to fade to black. This is November up North. Not enough snow to make it light and refreshing, and no longer any detritus or gold and red leaves to make it joyous and warm. My point is that I NEED COLOUR! Nothing restricts us from using it sparingly throughout our home. Accents are easier to work with than actual coloured painted walls. Sometimes dark or light neutral colour walls work better as back drop to colour, rather than coloured walls again. I posted an example of what I have in mind (Last picture by Nate Berkus). The walls are painted Off Black from Farrow and Ball. I think its stunning. Great canvas to his artwork, and colour composition. I painted my own hallway dark gray, and I love it...Go ahead.. be daring too! Its just paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...