Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wind....

 Via La Dolce Vita

I apologize for my absence!.. While I was away, i really got a true sense of what personal whirl wind feels like which is what inspired me to talk about "wind" in design. Not the atmospheric displacement of air, as much as creating a strong emotion and movement into a space. I find this particularly hard to do, and much has to be considered in order to acheive that sense of great mouvement in a room:).. I think it definitely begins with how to arrange artwork together, and how the shape of furnishing can echo the movement existing in the artwork. A vortex can be created around artwork, objects d'arts, accessories, colours, and layout! There also needs to be height and width... Its another spacial dimention of design that i find fun to work with:)


Via Design Delight

Via Design Delight




 John DiPaolo ("Free Fall")

 Artform collage

Artform portfolio 


Artform Collage

Susan Jamison (AvianCouture) www.susanjamison.com

 Sciolari Brass light fixture, 60's

Artform collage


have fun!!
xoxo
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...