Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some of my favourite light fixtures and chandeliers

Dear all,

I thought today i would share some of my favourite light fixtures and chandelier styles. I prefer very modern or industrial style ones. But the old crytal chandeliers are also a winner. Murano chandeliers (whether sputnick, or traditional styles), they never go out of style!. try to make them compliment your space and never forget about scale. If you have a large room, you need a large piece. I also like hanging two identical ones above a kitchen counter (make sure you leave enough room between the light and the counters)... Most importantly have fun with them and go antiques if you possibly can. It has so much more charm and are also more valuable than reproductions.. I also am a huge fan of floor lamps. They bring grace, volume and an unexpected twist to a room, especially the modern types ones in a more traditional interiors!.... So my ultimate favourite one?? the boat:)

Enjoy!
Elie
XO
























(Image courtesy: via Chapman Interiors blog, Ricj Brilliant and Willing floor lamp, The Glam Lamb, House Beautiful, Muriel Brandolini Interiors, Kalmar chandelier, Sciolari brass chandelier, Vogue Living, Brad Ford, Lonny Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...